Aldemar Olympian Village
Near the ancient site of Olympia on the west coast of the Peloponnese lies the impressive and extensive Olympian Village. This large resort stretches dreamily across golden sands and as you might expect from an area with such a renowned sporting tradition, tennis, volleyball and watersports are all available here. This is an ideal destination for children, one which offers energetic families a range of daily activities, plus a mini-club, supervised by trained professionals, to keep young guests amused; and because parents know their little ones are safe in the secure and sizeable grounds, they have a chance to indulge in invigorating spa treatments and relaxing saunas.
• Organic Farm producing seasonal fruits and vegetables, production of organic wine & olive oil, monitored by BIO Hellas (cert)
• Mini club built with ecofriendly materials
• Beach cleaning by staff and guests- Blue Flag award for 12 consecutive years
• Recycling – paper, printer ink, cooking oil , batteries, lamps and PC equipment, glass, aluminum
• Monitoring consumption of non-environmentally friendly products & pesticides.
• Use of recycled products
• Management of energy resources: through the establishment of high technology systems (solar fields)
• Mechanism of tap water regulation, central electric switches in all rooms
• Monitoring energy consumption though smart meters in all refrigerators & freezers
• Water storage, clearing and use for irrigation purposes
• Protection of Caretta-Caretta (turtle) nests. Organizing speeches on the subject annually
• WWF Hellas – programme ‘check out for Thalassa’
• Performing ISO 14001 (not yet certified)
CATEGORY: 5 *
LOCATION & ACCESS
Olympian Village is located at Skafidia, in the Western Peloponnese. It lies 13km from the town of Pyrgos, 30km from Ancient Olympia and 50km from Araxos International Airport, and is just three hours from Athens by road.
444 rooms units, including suites and bungalows along with a family apartment section all spread along the golden sandy beach, with views to the unique sunset, embraced by 23 pools and lush vegetation create the perfect ambience for a comfortable and luxurious escape.
PERIOD OF OPERATION
April – October
FOOD & BEVERAGE
You may see the sights, savour the history, relax in our Thalasso & Spa Center and have fun with our range of sporting activities – but if you don’t taste the best food, you’ve only experienced half the story of Olympia! Luckily, at the Aldemar Olympian Village, your taste buds will be jangling from the moment you arrive. Our chefs serve both authentic local, healthy cuisine and dynamic international flavors, so every day is a new food experience. Pool bars and a beach bar welcome you all day for snack and drinks, whereas the main bar is an evening inviting paradise…
SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT
Olympian Village is the perfect destination for both energetic holidaymakers as well as tranquil nature lovers. Walks and swims in the Ionian sea, family bicycle rides around the area, tennis, water sports and beach volley fun, along with a unique wellness experience at the Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso can keep you happy all day till the evening comes and the shows are on…
FACILITIES & SERVICES FOR CHILDREN
-Waterslides and special children’s swimming pools, where our little visitors can learn to swim under the supervision of experienced trainers.
-Daily creative and entertainment activities, organized by experienced educators and multi-lingual animators.
-Children’s restaurants with special menus.
-Playgrounds and mini-clubs equipped with games for children from 4 – 12 years old, as well as a mini disco.
-Mini buffet at the mini club includes a selection of cakes, pies and sandwiches, water, juices and one ice cream per child.
-Playpens, intercommunication systems and high chairs at the restaurant (upon request).
-Baby-sitting service (upon request), as well as supervision for older children.
Olympian Village Conference Centre with capacity of 450 seats
• Aldemar Shop
• Jewellery shop
• Mini – Market
• Hair dressers
• Souvenir shop
Aldemar Olympian Village
Skafidia 271 00, Ilia, Greece Tel. +30 26210 82 000 & 54 640 Fax: +30 26210 54 647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aldemar, Head Office
262 Kifissias Ave, Kifissia 145 62, Athens, Greece
Tel. +30 210 62 36 150 Fax: +30 210 80 17 451 E-mail: email@example.com