Aldemar Royal Mare
That famous Cretan hospitality is yours for the taking at Royal Mare, the 5* resort in Heraklion, Crete, featuring all the facilities and comforts you wish for your luxury escape. Expect spectacular surroundings with sea views, landscaped gardens and a private, Blue Flagged beach and count on a world of relaxation either around the many turquoise pools or in the World’s Leading Thalasso spa! Exercise in the fitness centre, serve up a winner at the tennis club, discover the real golfer in you at the golf academy and then enjoy the marvels of Cretan cuisine! And did we mention the first-class service? At Royal Mare, we want to make sure that pleasure is all yours!
• Beach cleaning by staff and guests- Blue Flag award for 13 consecutive years
• Organizing environmental conscience events with local schools
• Recycling – paper, printer ink, cooking oil , batteries, lamps and PC equipment, glass, aluminum
• Monitoring consumption of non-environmentally friendly products & pesticides.
• Use of recycled products
• Management of energy resources: through the establishment of high technology systems (solar fields)
• Mechanism of tap water regulation, central electric switches in all rooms,
• Waste management devices equipment
• Water storage, clearing and use for irrigation purposes
• WWF Hellas – programme ‘check out for Thalassa’
CATEGORY: 5 *
LOCATION & ACCESS
The Royal Mare is located at Limenas Hersonissou on the island of Crete. It lies 23 km from Heraklion International Airport, 25 km from the city of Heraklion and 2 km from Hersonissos.
The hotel has 341 rooms (97 with immediate access to the thalassotherapy centre and 10 specially tailored for people with mobility problems) and 43 deluxe suites in building complexes.
PERIOD OF OPERATION
April – October
FOOD & BEVERAGE
At Aldemar Royal Mare, our experienced chefs are proud to serve inspiration on every plate. And no wonder: they insist on local produce and are passionate about using classical recipes to make the delicious, fresh, healthy cuisine that has become an Aldemar trademark. Youronlydilemma? Which venue to choose first, of course…
A main restaurant and 5 a la carte await the guest for a culinary experience to live for. Snacks and drinks at the Pool bars and great cocktails at the main bar as the evening falls…
SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Are you sitting comfortably? Well, not for long… At Aldemar, there’s so much to do – from tennis club and a superb golf academy to beach volleyball and music and dance evenings – that is (if you want to) you can always be on the go. Then you can dive into one of our 29 (count them) swimming pools and treat yourself in our award-winning Thalasso Spa centre.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES FOR CHILDREN
Baby cot / playpen (on request), Childminding (on request / extra charge), One outdoor children’s pool, Mini-club “ALDY”(ages 4-12, seven days a week, 10:00 – 18:00), Mini-buffet with snacks at the mini-club “ALDY”, Children’s restaurant “ALDY” with special menus, Children’s seats, Children’s play area, Multilingual supervisors, Sports and entertainment activities at the mini-club “ALDY”.
• 2 business meeting rooms (each seating 80 pax).
• Knossos Royal Village Conference Center at the neighbouring Aldemar Knossos Royal Village ***** (seating 900).
• Aldemar Shop
• Fashion boutique
• Folk art shop
• Jewellery shop
• Hair salon
Aldemar Royal Mare
Limenas Hersonissou 700 14, Crete, Greece
Tel. +30 28970 27 200 Fax: +30 28970 21 664 E-mail: email@example.com
Aldemar, Head Office
262 Kifissias Ave., Kifissia 145 62, Athens, Greece Tel. +30 210 62 36 150 Fax: +30 210 80 17 451 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org