Nana Beach Hotel
Nana Beach is a 4 star hotel and bungalow complex, built on the sea front of a magnificent spot of northern Crete. Nana Beach Hotel is ideal for those seeking the ultimate pleasures of an all inclusive resort while at the same time enjoying the tranquility and peaceful elegance of its extensive landscaped gardens.
The 500 rooms of the hotel are built in the traditional architectural style of the island, incorporated into the Cretan landscape with low level buildings, with superb views of the Cretan sea.
The hotel is perfectly situated close to Heraklion international airport (25 km), between the lively towns of Hersonissos (1.5 km), Stalis (1 km) and Malia (5 km). At the same time, the location of Nana Beach offers the opportunity to visit a variety of world renowned cultural and historic sites like Knossos Palace, Phaistos, Gortys and Malia Minoan Palace ruins among other archaeological sites.
Nana Beach hotel, has been awarded the “Blue Flag” for the last 16 years and the “Green Key Eco Label”, for the last 4 years. In addition Nana Beach has been awarded-three times – with the environmental award of TUI –TUI UMVELT – and is also holder of the Gold Travelife Award for Sustainability In Tourism, from TUI UK and TUI NORTHERN EUROPE. Recent awards include a certificate for excellence for 2012 by Trip Advisor and the 2012 Quality Selection of Holiday check.
In recognition of its environmental policy Nana Beach has been awarded the voluntary eco-label “Blue Flag” for the last 16 years and the “Green Key Eco Label”, the largest global eco-label for accommodation, for the last 4 years. In addition, Nana Beach has been awarded the environmental award of TUI three times, and is also holder of the Gold Travelife Award for Sustainability In Tourism.
Nana Beach is an active member of “Legambiente”, participating every year in the program “Clean up the Med” and ‘’Archelon’’, the sea turtle protection society of Greece.
Nana Beach implements internationally acknowledged green practices in its daily operation. Club cars are used to guide quests in and from rooms and extensive recycling and energy and water conservation programs run throughout the year.
Energy conservation is achieved through the use of low consumption lamps and
electricity and air conditioning switch off sensors in rooms. In addition, automatic lighting control systems detect sunrise/sunset shading and manage exterior lighting appropriately.
Double gazing ensures heat control and limiting of the need for air conditioning use.
Hot water is provided from roof top solar panels.
Water conservation is achieved through the fitting of special devices such as flow restrictors, push taps, double choice flush mechanism at toilets. All wastewater is treated and used for garden irrigation. In parallel, Nana Beach invites guests to collaborate on a need-only basis of washing towels.
All paper used in Nana Beach is non- chlorine bleached.
Nana Beach runs an extensive recycling program for paper, plastic, glass, aluminum, cooking oils, batteries and light bulbs.
As a responsible universal and local citizen, Nana Beach works closely with various NGO’s and local welfare groups supporting community events and ecology oriented initiatives that contribute to the growth and wellbeing of society as a whole. In addition, Nana Beach aims to buy the majority of its produce from local consumers thereby strengthening the local economy while reducing its transport impact footprint at the same time.
Nana Beach Hotel is very well known for its extensive landscape gardens and for its attention to plants and flowers of the Resort.
Aiming to raise awareness for nature protection, Nana Beach has recently implemented a special signage program that invites guests to scan with their smartphones the special QR codes found in every flower-bed and immediately get information about each and every plant that grows in the resort.
Facilities & Amenities
General facilities & services
• Unique landscaped gardens and terraces with flora from all around the world
• Blue Flag awarded sandy beach with sun beds and umbrellas.
• Qualified life guard in attendance.
• Beach towels from the pool bars.
• Extensive sun terraces.
• Seven swimming pools with sun beds and umbrellas, two of which two offer the opportunity to relax in the special Jacuzzi corner.
• Open air showers, changing cabins and W.C. in all pools and on the beach.
• Daily Children’s entertainment
• Unique children’s pool world
• High chairs, small size tables and chairs, baby cots, baby phones, baby bath tubs, bottle warmers, baby buggies upon request
• Ramps and elevator for buggies in most areas
• Nappy changing facilities in public toilets
• Two open air amphitheaters, for evening entertainment and shows
• 24 hours reception desk
• 24hours security service
• 24hours porter service
• 24hours medical care. In-house doctor present 2 hours daily.
• Luggage room with safety lockers
• Laundry and dry cleaning service
• Honeymooner’s special package with upgrade subject to availability and in room sparkling wine, fruit basket and flower bouquet upon arrival.
• 200 pax Conference center fully equipped with state of the art audio-visual equipment.
• Secretarial, courier, postal, parcel, fax and photocopier services.
• WI-FI internet access and Internet corner with a variety of electronic games
• In house rent a car desk, with special rates for hotel guests.
• Jewelry shop
• Mini market, including newsagent and catering for baby / children’s necessities
• Orthodox chapel, dedicated to Saint Nicolas
• Banking services through automatic teller machines (ATM)
• Regular local bus connection
• Taxi and bus transfers from Heraklion airport with private taxis, mini bus with driver or luxury buses, including luggage assistance.
• Organized excursions and sightseeing with professional guides.
Main building rooms
All rooms at the main building have a fully furnished balcony with panoramic views of the Cretan sea, or the magnificent gardens surrounding the hotel.
The bungalows of Nana Beach offer superior accommodation offering a choice of views towards the swimming pool, or the garden, or the sea.
One bedroom Family Rooms
Spacious and ergonomically designed sea view rooms that cater to the needs of a company of four. Ideal for families who travel with one or two children.
Two room Family Apartments
The family apartments in Nana Beach offer guests the possibility to use the living room as a second sleeping area in addition to the main bedroom. Pleasantly decorated and spacious, all two room Family Apartments in Nana Beach, have a fully furnished balcony with pool view or garden view.
Sea view Suites
Exclusively located around the bungalows, the Seaview Suites in Nana Beach are designed to allow for the independence offered by two bedrooms and two bathrooms. They are ideal for groups of four guests, or larger families who choose to share the Nana Beach experience while enjoying their privacy.
• Giant chess board game on the beach
• Bridge –card room
• Board games
• Tennis lessons from qualified instructor
• Fully equipped fitness room
• Unique archery field, aerobic, aqua aerobic, 2 beach volley courts, 5X5 football court, mini basketball, water polo, water games, table tennis,.
• Fully equipped WATER SPORT CENTER offering canoes, pedalos windsurfing, snorkeling and inflatable banana ski-boat pulls. Scuba diving, water ski and windsurfing lessons are available from qualified instructors. We will also be happy to arrange catamaran or private boat tours.
The Main restaurant of the resort offers full American buffet breakfast, Buffet lunch and dinner as well as a special children’s menu served early in the evening.
Thalassa restaurant offers full American buffet breakfast, continental breakfast and buffet dinner.
For those looking for a lighter solution, La Pergola offers buffet lunch al fresco, and serves also as a Midnight snack bar. During the day guests can also enjoy draught beer, wine, soft drinks, coffee, ice cream, coffee, tea, cookies and biscuits.
Do not forget to ask the maitre d’ hotel to take your reservation for Zorbas, the open air a la carte restaurant of Nana Beach that serves top quality traditional Greek Cuisine.
In this elegant restaurant you will be able to taste the finest that the Italian culinary tradition has to offer.
Make your reservation at the Poseidon open air restaurant and taste Greek fish specialties and unique sea food dishes.
PANORAMA: main lobby bar
DOLPHIN: pool bar by the main pool
DIONYSSOS: dancing music bar
POSEIDON: Close to the relaxing pool, with light lunch options, salad bar, draught beer, wine, soft drinks, coffee.
VERANDA: Just above the beach it is the place to taste burgers, hotdog, pizza and fried potatoes, and drink draught beer, soft drinks and coffee.
NAUTILUS: Beach snack bar with burgers offering a variety of snacks, draught beer, soft drinks and coffee.
KALYPSO: By the family pool. Snacks and burgers, draught beer, soft drinks and coffee.
• Children’s exclusive fun pool and water park
• Large children’s outdoor playground with shaded play area and high standard adventure equipment
• Supervised children entertainment –morning and afternoon program-with fun games, T-shirt printing, competitions, games on the beach and various activities
• 5 rooms for Indoor children’s activities
• Daily children mini disco
• Children’s TV, video shows and movie nights
• Magician evening show
Nana Beach – All inclusive resort
700 14 Hersonissos P.O BOX 20, Crete-Greece
Tel.:0030 2897030100. Fax: 0030 2897022954. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org