Naoussa is a charming fishing village on the island of Paros, Greece. It is known for its picturesque harbor, whitewashed houses, narrow streets and lively nightlife. Naoussa is also a great base to explore the beautiful beaches, historical sites and natural attractions of Paros. Whether you are looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventurous holiday, Naoussa has something for everyone.
But where should you stay and eat in Naoussa? In this blog post, we will share with you some of the best hotels and restaurants in Naoussa, based on our personal experience and online reviews. We will also give you some tips on how to make the most of your time in Naoussa.
Where to stay in Naoussa
Naoussa has a wide range of accommodation options, from luxury resorts to budget hostels. You can find something to suit your taste and budget. Here are some of our top recommendations:
- Parīlio: This is one of the best luxury resorts in Paros, and absolutely worth the money. It is located about 4 km from Naoussa, in a tranquil setting surrounded by nature. The resort features 33 spacious suites, each with a private terrace and a minimalist design. The facilities include a large outdoor pool, a spa, a gym, a restaurant and a bar. The staff are friendly and attentive, and can arrange various activities and excursions for you.
- Senia Suites: This is another excellent option for a luxurious stay in Naoussa. It is situated on a hill overlooking the bay of Naoussa, offering stunning views of the sea and the sunset. The suites are elegantly decorated and equipped with modern amenities. Some of them also have a private pool or jacuzzi. The hotel has a lovely garden, a swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar. The service is impeccable and the location is convenient.
- Central Boutique Hotel: This is a great choice for a comfortable and affordable stay in the center of Naoussa. The hotel is located in a quiet street, just a few steps from the harbor and the main attractions. The rooms are cozy and clean, with balconies overlooking the town or the garden. The hotel also has a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy your breakfast or a drink. The staff are friendly and helpful.
- Manis Inn: This is another good option for a mid-range hotel in Naoussa. It is located on Piperi beach, just a 10-minute walk from the town center. The rooms are spacious and bright, with sea or garden views. The hotel has a private beach area, a swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar. The atmosphere is relaxed and family-friendly.
- Joseph Studios: This is one of the best budget hotels in Naoussa. It is located about 1 km from the town center, in a peaceful area near Agioi Anargyroi beach. The studios are simple but clean and functional, with kitchenettes and balconies. The hotel has a garden, a barbecue area and free parking. The owner is very hospitable and helpful.
- Paros Backpackers: This is the perfect place for backpackers and solo travelers who want to meet other people and have fun. It is located in the heart of Naoussa, close to everything. The hostel offers dorms and private rooms, all with air conditioning and lockers. The facilities include a common kitchen, a lounge area, a rooftop terrace and free wifi. The staff are friendly and organize various events and activities.
Where to eat in Naoussa
Naoussa is famous for its gastronomy, especially its fresh seafood and local specialties. You can find many restaurants and taverns in the town, offering delicious dishes at reasonable prices. Here are some of our favorites:
- Yemeni Wine Restaurant: This is one of the best Greek restaurants in Naoussa, and our personal favorite. It is located in a charming courtyard, decorated with colorful flowers and lanterns. The menu features traditional dishes from Paros and other islands, made with fresh ingredients and homemade recipes. The wine list is also impressive, with a selection of local and international labels. The service is friendly and professional.
- Soso: This is another excellent choice for a Greek meal in Naoussa. It is situated in a narrow alley, creating a cozy and romantic atmosphere. The food is authentic and tasty, with a variety of salads, appetizers, meat and fish dishes. The portions are generous and the prices are fair. The staff are attentive and courteous.
- Ouzeri Halaris: This is one of the best seafood restaurants in Naoussa, and in Paros. It is located on the waterfront of Piso Livadi, a small fishing village about 15 km from Naoussa. The restaurant offers a stunning view of the sea and the boats. The menu consists of fresh fish and seafood, grilled or cooked in various ways. The ouzo and the meze are also delicious. The service is fast and friendly.
- Statheros: This is another great option for a seafood feast in Naoussa. It is located in the heart of the town, in a lively square. The restaurant serves traditional Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, with a focus on seafood and meat dishes. The ingredients are fresh and local, and the flavors are rich and satisfying. The wine and beer are also good. The staff are welcoming and helpful.
- Stou Fred: This is one of the most romantic restaurants in Naoussa, and in Paros. It is located in Parikia, the capital of the island, about 10 km from Naoussa. The restaurant is housed in an old stone building, with a lovely garden and a terrace. The cuisine is French-inspired, with a touch of Greek flair. The dishes are refined and elegant, with a presentation that matches the taste. The wine list is also superb, with a variety of French and Greek labels. The service is impeccable and discreet.
- Mario Restaurant: This is another wonderful choice for a romantic dinner in Naoussa. It is located on the beach of Agii Anargiri, just outside the town center. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the sea and the sunset. The cuisine is Italian-inspired, with a selection of pasta, pizza, salads and desserts. The food is fresh and flavorful, with a homemade touch. The service is warm and friendly.
How to make the most of your time in Naoussa
Naoussa is not only a place to stay and eat, but also a place to have fun and explore. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your time in Naoussa:
- Visit the Venetian castle: This is one of the landmarks of Naoussa, dating back to the 15th century. It was built by the Venetians to protect the harbor from pirates. You can walk around the ruins and enjoy the view of the town and the sea.
- Explore the old town: Naoussa has a charming old town, full of whitewashed houses, narrow streets, colorful doors and flowers. You can wander around and discover hidden corners, shops, cafes and churches.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Naou